Thursday 10 September 2015

iPad Pro Impressions

The iPad Pro has just been announced and it was my favourite device at apples event, for me it is the one I would use the most, I no longer withhold my judgements of being just a bigger iPad, it has capabilities to rival the Surface Pro 3, of course we can't know for sure until it is out, but I may take this over the surface.
The surface is the closest thing to the iPad but the iPad is more tablet than laptop, and if you want full OSX apps, then the MacBook will be a better option, but if you want a device to do occasional productivity in iMovie or GarageBand but mainly for media consumption then this's for you, but I will assume that a lot more capable apps will be released with a lot more feature, I would love to see Logic Pro on it.
Now the price is a very steep 799 dollars although it matches the surface pretty well, now, you will need to get the accesossories, the apple pencil and keyboard, which are absolutely ridiculous, 99 dollars for the pencil and 170 for the keyboard, it's not more expensive than the surface accessories.
That being said, some people live in the apple universe, so. This is perfect for someone who wants a surface but with the connectivity with your apple devices ( which is me ), while on the other side, you have the people who live in the Microsoft universe, so the surface will be better for you.
In all honesty, if you want an apple device for editing, with portability, the 13 inchMacBook Air ( which is in the same price range), will be better for you, but I will love the iPad Pro, because it's more for me, and it willnot replace my MacBook Pro, but it is an alternative.


No comments:

Post a Comment